[Bf-committers] windows installer significant issue?

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Mon May 26 07:19:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> I'm pretty sure it is when it uses the Application Data install path
> (which is default), instead of the old location.
>
> LetterRip

I don't know if there has been a significant change to this part of the
installer, Simon Clitherow would know best. But I'm very sure that the files
do get installed - check the details during install, the path where you can
find the files will be there. I have tested this on both Vista and XP.
Alexander Ewering (intrr) has already made extensive reports to our bug
tracker, and it may be an issue with accounts that don't have Admin rights.
It's either that or there have been changes in Blender code to properly
detect where .blender/ is located.

The coming week I'll still be busy retexturing our new apartement (started
yesterday) and rebuilding the living, sleeping and working scenes in the
sets (yes, we're moving), but after that I should have time to look deeper
into this. Until then, I hope Simon can shed some light on the workings of
the Windows installer.

/Nathan