[Bf-committers] New boolean code improvements

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Thu May 22 21:05:17 CEST 2008

 I've been working on the boolean code the last 2-3 weeks.  I've
specifically been focusing on cleaning up the results of the operations
so that unnecessary faces are removed/merged, resulting in simpler
meshes (especially in the cases on two manifold meshes).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get this working well until after 2.46
was released, but I think it's in a pretty good state now.  In the test
I've run I haven't come across any cases where the output is worse than
before (i.e., more faces), but it can certainly use more testing.

So I'm asking for opinions; should I upload into SVN for testing or put
in the patch tracker for anyone interested to try?  Optionally, I could
"#ifdef" the code and leave the old way enabled by default, and upload
that so anyone interested can build.

Ken