[Bf-committers] properties per datablock & python

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sun May 18 17:40:37 CEST 2008

Jonathan-David SCHRODER schrieb:

> what I had I hoped for was : 1. to be able to view object's properties
> directly in the 3d view (for example, in the n menu, or in a pop up
> widget menu placing itself under the mouse)
> or 2. have the property editing thing in the buttons panel, for example,
> at the place where you can rename/choose the ME and OB fields. or why
> not in the OOPS window.
> This talk comes more functionality related, so it could be on the funboard.
>
> jonathan

Yes, I think a "real" ID properties editor should show you the properties of the
currently selected object. I think the best solution would be to integrate such a
thing into the outline view. This way it would be possible to display the properties
of several objects at the same time. It would also be nice if it would be possible to
copy a (sub)group of properties from one object to another.

	-panzi