[Bf-committers] MSVC linking broken on debug builds with scons -->khughes

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri May 16 01:20:48 CEST 2008

bjornmose wrote:
> well first of all i'd like to know why PLATFORM_LINKFLAGS was invoced for building makesdna?
> second why was it done half assed only?
> BM

It was added when I was trying to get the linux RC builds to work with
gcc-4.2.  makesdna either would not compile without setting some of the
link flags (IIRC it was "-static-libgcc").  This might have been before
I was building my own gcc-4.2 for releases instead of using the distro
versions; I've just tried building a RC and there was no problem, so
that part of the patch can be reverted for now (I haven't tested with a
32-bit chroot I was working with, it's not completely set up right now).

I discussed with Nathan on IRC and we didn't see a problem with adding
this.  Obviously we were wrong.  He reports that BF_DEBUG=1 and
msvc9+scons works.

Ken