[Bf-committers] Microsoft dev support

Jean-Michel Smith jean at jm-smith.com
Wed May 14 09:39:47 CEST 2008

Agreed 100%

As a blender user, one who donated to the fund to free the source
initially, and one who has followed its development since, I find this
entire thread disturbing.

I think the OOXML reference is worth elaborating on, as an example of
how Microsoft overtly, flagrantly corrupted the ISO standards process
(and quite likely isn't looking to do the blender project any
favours).

Aside from the fact that OOXML is an unimplementable standard, serious
irregularities occurred all over Europe with regard to its ISO
approval:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070907-iso-reforms-proposed-in-response-to-ooxml-shenanigans.html
http://www.wired.com/software/coolapps/news/2007/08/ooxml_vote
http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2008-04-03.html

I could go on, but you get the point.  Anyone citing OOXML as an open
standard has already begun the conversation in a very deceptive and
disingenuous manner.  Engage with them at your own risk.

Regards,

Jean.