[Bf-committers] Microsoft dev support

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Tue May 13 11:06:14 CEST 2008

Jean-Luc Peurière wrote:

>> ----------------- quote -----------------
>>
>> With respect to Blender, what can you tell me about your community/
>> user
>> feedback that you have heard regarding file formats?  Specifically,
>> Microsoft is slowly shifting toward a more open standards based
>> approach to its file formats.  The ISO standard Office Open XML is an
>> example of the direction we are moving towards.

My first instinct would be to support importing of the WMV file format.
Not sure about export, but i don't see why it would harm anything being
able to be compatible with hardware/software that spits out WMV files.

I see these as the main files that would effect Blender over any other
filetype.  Secondarily the WMA format may be useful.

--
Doug Ollivier

C:
E: