[Bf-committers] [Patch] Add support for using (dynamically) system-wide FTGL libraries.

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sun May 11 11:27:38 CEST 2008

Le 11 mai 08 à 11:09, Sam Hocevar a écrit :

>    Speaking of mentality in the Linux world, allow me to point out the
> following:
>
>   * None of the changes made to /blender/extern/bFTGL/ were ever
>   submitted to the upstream issue tracker nor in any other way
> known to
>   me. I found about them through Google Code Search.

Hmm. no. Those changes were submitted upstream, but the original
maintener
was not interested. That is why we had to have our own version

More, FTGL was for a very long time essentially dead in the water.
Our version
fit our needs.

Now, if there is indeed renewed activity in FTGL, it may be
interesting to be more
up to date, but frankly it is not essential. On the other hand,
moving from a know
version to what is installed (and only in linux) will open a big new
avenue for
bugs & incompabilities

Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net