[Bf-committers] [14733] trunk/blender/source/blender/ python/api2_2x/doc/epy_docgen.sh: modify script to use long opts; --name vs -n, for example.

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu May 8 00:06:36 CEST 2008

Hi,
sswaney at centurytel.net (2008-05-07 at 2321.15 +0200):
> modify script to use long opts; --name vs -n, for example.
>
> This makes epy_docgen.sh compatible with epy_docgen-3.sh.
>
> I am not sure why we would need both scripts.  Perhaps
> someone with epdoc version 3 can test.

v3 reports:

Warning: Could not find top page 'API_intro.py'; using module-tree.html
         instead
Warning: 53 markup errors were found while processing docstrings.  Use the
         verbose switch (-v) to display markup errors.

If I change it so the name has no .py ("--top API_intro"), then it
only reports one thing:

Warning: 53 markup errors were found while processing docstrings.  Use the
         verbose switch (-v) to display markup errors.

So it is not just about long or short, but expected style of
arguments. That is one of the reasons behind the improvement patch I
submited time ago and got rejected with cryptic reasonings (it also
added shebang, removed ls and limited env var override). It can be
updated to use always long versions, if you want.

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=9055&group_id=9&atid=127

GSR