[Bf-committers] UI Proposals for 2.50

sfogoros sfogoros at att.net
Wed May 7 04:14:13 CEST 2008

Jean-Luc,

Is this an appropriate time to set standard/correct naming of controls?

I did some research of modeling and 3D movement terms last year. While
the common terms like pan, roll, zoom, etc., are related to similar
industries, they are often mis-used in 3d design applications. The
newest professionals in the game design industries tend to use math
terms over film/photography terms.

I wonder if it would be a valuable feature of Blender if modeling term
sets could be implemented similar to National Language Support data sets
where users could choose the terminology appropriate to their use.

SteveF