[Bf-committers] UI Proposals for 2.50

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Wed May 7 00:21:19 CEST 2008

Le 6 mai 08 à 21:39, Darius Blaszijk a écrit :

> One thing on the side though. It's too bad that the document is in pdf
> format. Is there a good reason to use an URL to a pdf, other than the
> original author does not have wiki access? I vote that the future
> document will be put in wiki for sure ;)

It is deliberately that this is in pdf form.

Things which are in the pdf  are supposed to be final (Obviously my
initial text is not, and can be changed). Proposals are put on the wiki
page and discussed until a consensus is acheived. There an header
on wiki for pdf changes requests.

So there is no need for it to be in wiki form.

Having a single editor means that I take the responsability for checking
things are kept coherent, which is also something undoable in wiki.

Finally, you dont want a reference document to be alterable.

Jean-Luc Peurière
jlp at nerim.net