[Bf-committers] [Patch] Add support for using (dynamically) system-wide FTGL libraries.

Cyril Brulebois kibi at debian.org
Tue May 6 09:56:52 CEST 2008

On 05/05/2008, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> I interpret this to mean our changes were merged into FTGL's code
> repository.  Which, in practical terms, means the changes do not
> appear in any distributions, but only the latest cvs/svn.
>
> The packaged version on sourceforge is
> FTGL Source	2.1.2	December 11, 2004

FWIW, I'm using 2.1.3~rc1-1, packaged in our experimental section, to
help upstream check everything's fine with this RC.

> Until the patched version is available in distributions, we are asking
> for trouble by enabling the use of local system libs rather than our
> extern dir.

I only proposed a patch making it possible to do it, I wasn't asking you
to switch the default “use the embedded code copy statically” setting to
a “use the system-wide library dynamically” one.

Mraw,
KiBi.