[Bf-committers] Problem ini RC3 with alpha rendering in the GE

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sun May 4 23:38:30 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Benoit Bolsee <benoit.bolsee at
online.be> wrote:
> Since several weeks there is an elusive bug in the gameengine with the
> rendering of alpha faces. When the bug shows up, the alpha faces are
> rendered without alpha texture, just vector color. The trouble is that
> the conditions of the bug are unpredictable and variable. Typically
you
> need to run the game twice to see it but if you do certain actions
> before running the game, such as visiting some scene, the bug may not
> show up at all.  It depends also on the build: I have a blend that
shows
> the bug with RC3 for windows but not in my SVN debug build.
> Interestingly, once the bug showed up in the game engine, the faces
will
> also be rendered badly in 3D view.

I've identified and fixed the bug. The GE was messing up greatly with
OpenGL textures (only if OpenGL extensions were enabled). This bug was a
real show stopper for the GE. The fix will only be in the final release;
any previous RC is not usable for GE application.