[Bf-committers] Start up and scons/compile errors

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon Mar 31 01:27:04 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:
> Starting from terminal l I get ' bash: ./blender: cannot execute binary file'
> Googling shows an number of such complaints but no resolution.

Just curious: what does "file ./blender" or "ls -l ./blender" tell you?
> Obtained svn for both but both report a number of 'scons' errors some with
> missing files which are installed on my machine.
> SND seems to be a problem
> I have little use for sound at this time so would wish to compile without sound
> if possible. also would like to compile using only English language.

I get all those warnings in ffmpeg as well. I frankly just ignore them;
for example:

extern/ffmpeg/libavformat/mpegtsenc.c:242: warning: enumeration value
‘CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO’ not handled in switch

is 100% correct: the switch doesn't handle that case.

Ken