[Bf-committers] Blender on FreeBSD on Sparc64 fails to link.

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 28 23:07:49 CET 2008

Kent Mein wrote on 20080328:

> Hans Lambermont wrote on 20080202:
> > Hi all,
> > I don't have a 64-bit sparc running FreeBSD, so I cannot test this :
> > graphics/blender
> >   01 Feb 2008 - linimon
> >   http://www.freshports.org/graphics/blender/
> > Any ideas anyone ?
> > Hans
>
> Hi Hans,
> Did anyone ever give any ideas on this?

Not that I know of.

> It looks to me from the logs that its not including the SOUNDLIBS
> correctly,  It looks like they are using Make,

I can confirm that. Look at the Makefile of the FreeBSD ports system for
Blender : http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/blender/

> so I would look at source/Makefile
> search for the following lines:
>   ifeq ($(OS),$(findstring $(OS), "freebsd linux windows"))
>     ifeq ($(CPU),$(findstring $(CPU), "i386 powerpc x86_64 parisc64"))
>
> And I would add some debuging print statements to figure out whats
> going wrong with the logic there.... maybe needs a new CPU entry
> in the second ifeq?

Possibly, but as I've said before I cannot test this (I don't have a
64-bit sparc running FreeBSD).

Some work was done on 64-bit here :
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/blender/files/patch-user-def.mk?rev=1.2
I think by David Yeske. I'll CC him.

ps. The rest of the patches at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/blender/files/
might be useful for the blender source repository.

regards,
   Hans Lambermont