[Bf-committers] Some possible small problems with makesdna

André Pinto andresusanopinto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:43:24 CET 2008

So the md5sum is the reason why dna.c is not being correctly updated by
scons:

I recall that makesdna.c has at end:
// include files for automatic dependancies
#include "DNA_listBase.h"
#include "DNA_vec_types.h"
#include "DNA_ID.h"
#include "DNA_ipo_types.h"

So the dependency scheme currently used is:

makesdna : maksdna.c DNA headers
dna.c : makesdna

This would work correctly by using modify time.. but not correctly when
using md5sums

So dependency should be changed to:
makesdna : makesdna.c
dna.c : makesdna DNA_headers

I don't know very much about scons :S so I don't know how to change
dependency's
maybe something like:
dna.depends(.. env.glob("../DNA_*.h") );

Also the final headers included in makesdna.c can be removed
Since in scons those last includes don't make sense

André