[Bf-committers] Glow Node

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Mar 25 01:31:12 CET 2008

>    I'm entertaing the thought of writing a glow composite node because I
>    personally find that using glow in the sequencer is kind of clunky (for
>    me).With the way nodes are currently coded is that possible to interface?
>

>    Digikiller

Hi David,

What exactly would it do?
You can do a simple glow by setting up a blur on objects you want to
glow then just inserting that into the proper place when your
composting...

A simple example of what I mean using sequencer to combine images...
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/.blender/glownode.blend
(I just used the sequencer to make things easier to understand, you
could do the combing with nodes as well, probably get a little better
results using add to combine the blured and nonblured scenes...)

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein