[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2008

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Mar 17 23:10:46 CET 2008

Hey folks,

Good news: we have just received notice from Google that
Blender will participate in the 2008 Summer of Code
program!

Students who would like to write code for Blender this
summer can apply between March 24-31, 2008 at Google's
Summer of Code website:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

The Blender project "ideas page" has important information
for students who would like to apply, and can be found here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/GSOC_2008_Ideas

Students should note that while the ideas page provides
some worthwhile project suggestions, we often find that the
most exciting and successful Summer of Code contributions
have been from projects that students have devised themselves.

We also have an application template that we would like
students to follow when applying:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/GSOC_Application_Template

More information about Google's Summer of Code program,
including deadlines and eligibility requirements, can
be found in the Summer of Code FAQs:

http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html

Here's to another great summer!

Best regards,