[Bf-committers] yafray might be dropped from Blender?

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 15:35:17 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 15:31 schrieb Giuseppe Ghibò:
> Arne Schmitz wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 15:12 schrieb Giuseppe Ghibò:
> >

> >> Indeed what you call 'XML exporter' is actually a side effect for
> >> calling yafray trough command name and not trough the library plugin
> >> (as it writes and overlap every XML file to TMP and also uses always the
> >> same filename: this is not good in a multiuser environment).
> >>  IMHO that "exporter" should be a little bit tuned, giving the aspect of
> >> a real exporter, and the possibility to set the filename
> >> of the XML file trough a file requester.
> >>

> > Yes definitely. I have written a patch a few years ago, so that the
> > filename would be random. This way, I used Blender in batchmode to render
> > with my own
>
> Yep, though that random filename (one can use mktemp()) doesn't yet fix
> the "exporting" problem, as you don't know which filename owns a certain
> scene.

No, that was a quick hack. I imagine the future of the XML export code to be
integrated into the Export file menu for example. Of course, there are
several Yafray only settings, which are shown only when Yafray is selected as
the renderer. So that is something we have to think about.

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899