[Bf-committers] yafray might be dropped from Blender?

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 15:25:12 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 15:12 schrieb Giuseppe Ghibò:
> Indeed what you call 'XML exporter' is actually a side effect for
> calling yafray trough command name and not trough the library plugin
> (as it writes and overlap every XML file to TMP and also uses always the
> same filename: this is not good in a multiuser environment).
>  IMHO that "exporter" should be a little bit tuned, giving the aspect of
> a real exporter, and the possibility to set the filename
> of the XML file trough a file requester.

Yes definitely. I have written a patch a few years ago, so that the filename
would be random. This way, I used Blender in batchmode to render with my own
Yafray-reading renderer on a Sun Grid Engine. There it was possible to have 4
to 8 concurrent blender instances on a single node. So I needed to make sure
that the filename used was unique. :)

Cheers,

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899