[Bf-committers] New KX_GameObject::rayCastTo() method

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Sat Mar 15 18:20:42 CET 2008

I've added a new feature to the BGE that I wanted to do for a long time:
the possibility of doing on demand ray casting in scripts.
Look at the commit log for details:
http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-
blender&revision=14121
I've created a sample blend file that demonstrate the use of this
feature: http://home.scarlet.be/~tsi46445/blender/raycastto.blend
It will be mostly usefull in games where questions like "can object A
directly see object B?" are important to implement AI. It performs the
same function than a ray sensor but with more flexibility (can cast in
any direction) and with less CPU (runs when needed)

ben