[Bf-committers] tests of branch NDOF

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Fri Mar 14 21:11:40 CET 2008

On Mar 14, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Arne Schmitz wrote:

>> Would it be possible to link the gettext stuff statically?
>
> Sure, if someone can tell me how to do that with scons! :)

I beat my head against this puzzle for a while, and having no luck on
learning how to statically link with scons, I gave up and scripted my
way through the static link, by relinking the link line.

You can manually rewrite the link line output when you compile with
scons like so:

scons BF_DEBUG=0 BF_QUIET=0

Copy the final link lines for blender and blenderplayer, like so:

gcc -o bf-blender/trunk/build/<platform>/bin/blender <SNIP>
gcc -o bf-blender/trunk/build/<platform>/bin/blenderplayer <SNIP>

For "somelibname" that is not statically linked, insert the full path
to the libraries in the link line (for the archiver) and remove the
corresponding "-lsomelibname" from the link line.

If anyone else knows how to specify a set of libraries as static, vs,
dynamically linked through scons configuration, please let the list
know. I get the impression that it is so obvious as to not deserve
documentation, but when I asked on #blendercoders nobody seemed to
know. My googles and searches through the scons documentation also
left me empty-handed.

have a day.yad
jdpf