[Bf-committers] GSoc 2008 Proposal: Freestyle integration into Blender

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Mar 7 16:59:18 CET 2008

>    Hello,
>    I am a Master's student studying computer graphics at Tsinghua University,
>    in Beijing, China. Studying rendering algorithms and wanting to participate
>    in the Google Summer of Code 2008, I have been looking for interesting

Hi Maxime,

I think its a good proposal.  You should definitely submit it.
If your looking for things to improve your chances.  (And or anyone else
reading this list that is interested...)
Download blender through svn, get it compiling on your system.
Try to fix a couple of bugs, or implement some small feature requests,
and submit them to the patch tracker.

You should also have:
A good solid proposal, broken down into a time line.
Reference documents that you have looked at and will use to get your
project done...
Examples of previous work.

We need more proposals like this so people get going!!! ;)

Kent