[Bf-committers] Modifier stack refactor

Diego Hernan Borghetti bdiego at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:26:36 CEST 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Campbell Barton wrote:

Hello Ben:

> Hey Ben,
> Agree splitting up modifier.c into files in nice but is this something
> thats holding back further development?
> If its mainly an organizational change, it could be better to wait
> until 2.47 is out.

I see this like a good thing, but not for the 2.47 because in the Node
refactor we have some problem with the build system (windows, linux,
mac... scons, make, cmake) and I want avoid this.

_BUT_ I don't see any problem if you want to work in trunk and keep a
clean commit policy.

With "clean commit policy" I mean, split what it's a modifier bugfix and
what it's a "refactor bugfix".

If you can do that, it's easy for me track the commit and only merge the
bugfix into the 2.47 branch.

> Otherwise if your sure this can go into 2.47 and its not too tricky
> for GSOC students see what bdiego thinks about including the changes
> in stable.
> - 2c
>
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Ben Batt <benbatt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've been working on refactoring the modifier stack, mainly to create
>> a more sensible directory structure and split modifier.c up into one
>> file per modifier. There is a (somewhat brief) description at
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Modifier_API_Refactor . If anyone
>> has any comments or is already working on something similar, I'd be
>> glad to hear from you.
>>
>> If people think this is worth committing, what would be the
>> appropriate branch to commit to? So far I've been working in the
>> trunk. I can hold off until after the 2.47 release if necessary.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Artificer

 			Diego