[Bf-committers] Shape Action added in BGE

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Wed Jun 18 09:17:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've committed the shape action support in trunk, available in revision
15260, see commit log for details:
http://projects.blender.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php?view=rev&root=bf-
blender&revision=15260
Note that the shape action deform the base mesh, which means that if
several objects share the same mesh, they will deform at the same time.
This is the same behavior as in Blender.

I've added four files in source\gameengine\Converter, I assume that
Scons will automatically take care of that.

There was a bit of conflict with the big update in the BGE after the
merge from the Apricot branch. The conflicts were simple to resolved but
I noticed something odd: BL_SkinDeformer::Apply() doesn't set the vertex
normals anymore although they are computed in BL_SkinDeformer::Update().
Shouldn't we have also this in BL_SkinDeformer::Apply() so be
consistent:

#ifdef __NLA_DEFNORMALS

tv->SetNormal(m_transnors[((*mvarray[i])[index])]);
#endif

The MSCV_7 projects files are updated for the Shape action support and
for the new glew library to replace glext.h.

Benoit