[Bf-committers] Mirror view stereo mode in Game Engine

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:47:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm very interested in the GameEngine stereo mode. Therefore I would like to
see one more stereo mode implemented, and I'm trying hard to make it
possible. The mode I'm looking for is known as mirror-view or flipped side
by side.

They  have good references here: http://www.crystalcanyons.net/

Basically it is a side-by-side stereo mode with the right image flipped
horizontally.

I've already created a new button in *
\blender\source\blender\src\buttons_scene.c*, created a new *RAS_STEREO*mode in
*\blender\source\gameengine\Rasterizer\RAS_IRasterizer.h* and now I'm
playing with some parameters in the *void
RAS_OpenGLRasterizer::SetViewMatrix
in\blender\source\gameengine\Rasterizer\RAS_OpenGLRasterizer\RAS_OpenGLRasterizer.cpp
*.

My problem now is to transform the right matrix.

I was trying to invert some parameters of the matrix *m_viewmatrix*, but
apparently this values are based on the model, not on my view (if I move the
camera the parameters don't change).

Could anyone land me a hand on this, please :)
I have no clue about what is the proper matrix to be changed, and how to do
that. But it doesn't look a hard task, right?

Thanks for your time,
Dalai Felinto

PS.: the result so far:
<http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3633/blenderuiyb1.jpg><http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3299/pssidebside4ay6.jpg>