[Bf-committers] Future of opengl?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Jun 17 11:59:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

If OpenCL succeeds in being a widely implemented standard, then that's very useful to us I think. It's much better than trying to do generic computations in OpenGL and hacking around the limitations, or using something like CUDA which would only run on NVidia cards. Looks great from what I've read, though we'll have to wait for the details.

Brecht.