[Bf-committers] Volumetric update

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Wed Jun 11 20:52:26 CEST 2008

Hi all!

 I start working now on the UI, I could make the switch from 2.45.16
Gamera to
 the 2.46 tar ball and integrate the 67 new parameters of volumetric to
the ShadeInput struct and everything go smooth.
  Now rest design the new UI and assign from there the values (I still
need today integrate some more things with the ShadeInput)
  I will need a new subwindow space like the ¨Textures¨ or ¨Logic¨ are
because of the number of params.

  This month are the last of this semester for me, so I have a lot of
exams, dont expect progess to soon as before. As someone suggest me the
phrase of the book ¨the Bazar and the Cathedral¨ (is ok?) ¨release
often, release early¨ If the burden are too heavy for me I will relly on
you.
   I want that all of you start to play with volumetric in a few weeks.

I want to note that in the first testing build will only came interior
procedural volumetric media. The rest of the volumetric types (from
datasets, n-Dimensional and simulations will came latter and also could be
develop in collaboration or parallel for other devs with more start in
their shoulders)

 If I only make the volumetric snow ball start to roll mountain down that
only will make me happy. ;)

   Hopefully tomorrow I will try to upload the test I made with
volumetrics from 2D images and the previously forgotten UV support.

                                                    Farsthary
                                        http://farsthary.wordpress.com