[Bf-committers] Red Code OFF by default?

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Tue Jun 10 01:48:41 CEST 2008

Le 10 juin 08 à 01:08, Martin Poirier a écrit :

>> From: ZanQdo <zanqdo at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [Bf-committers] Red Code OFF by default?
>> To: bf-committers at blender.org
>> Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 6:21 PM
>> Hi, since everyone is having problems building with scons on
>> linux
>> because of redcode, shouldn't it be off by default?
>
> I'm using scons under linux and redcode support builds ok, so it's
> not "everyone".
>
> It'd be nice to know what the problems are.

I got it work on os X only after applying the following patch to
libopenjpeg/opj_malloc.h
(starting line 75. sorry no diff, but svn is weird on that file)

#else /* Not WIN32 */
    #if defined(__sun)
          #define HAVE_MEMALIGN
       #elif defined(__GNUC__)
          #ifndef __APPLE__
             #define HAVE_MEMALIGN
             #include <malloc.h>
          #endif
       /* Linux x86_64 and OSX always align allocations to 16 bytes */
       #elif !defined(__amd64__) && !defined(__APPLE__)
          /* FIXME: Yes, this is a big assumption */
          #define HAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN
    #endif
#endif

found the patch on the openjpeg list, but the current svn is what
Peter used.
dont really know what to do.

also, how do we test that now ?

Jean-Luc Peurière