[Bf-committers] Weekly minutes, status of 2.47

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 20 17:41:09 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Here's the summary of weekly notes:

1) current projects

- sun-sky-scatter is being redesigned to move to World menu
- water patch reviewed, now made ready for committing
- Joe is now almost finished with DSM, expected ready for review soon
- Bob thinks Csaba's audio patch should be ready in few days

2) GSoC

- Lightcuts, http://unclezeiv.kerid.org/
   http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130004
- Shrinkwrap, http://andresp.no-ip.org/gsoc/shrinkwrap/cloth/
- Freestyle integration: lot of porting/recode happens now, due to
tighter integration plan (using blender's own renderer for strokes)
- Multires sculpt: http://www.vimeo.com/1372936
   http://blenderlabrat.blogspot.com/2008/07/multires-revisited.html
- Python editor:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Quorn/SummerOfCode2008

3) 2.47

If we still want to make a siggraph release (august 10), we should move
to bcon4 and making RC builds ultimately next week sunday.

Means, can we now get scatter + water + sound ready? Or should we skip
this? Or should we skip release? Nice point for discussion here I
guess. :)

My pref: do 2.47, even when its without above new stuff, but only if
bug tracker then gets acceptable low. Otherwise 2.47 has not much
meaning as update release.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org