[Bf-committers] Windows Python Build in svn /lib

Bob Holcomb bholcomb at mak.com
Mon Jul 14 19:04:03 CEST 2008

Bob Holcomb a écrit :
>/ The python build in the windows lib directory is built using MSVC 8.0
/>/ (2005).  This causes crashes when building with MSVC 7.1 (2003).  Mixing
/>/ runtimes on windows is generally bad, like crossing the streams.  Was
/>/ there a specific reason this particular library was upgraded to vc8.0 or
/>/ was this an oversight?  Since there are no VC8.0 project files and the
/>/ other libs are are all 7.1, I will commit my 7.1 dlls when I get them
/>/ built, unless there is an objection.
/>/
/>/
/

jms wrote:

>Like for the OpenEXR libs,  could you open a folder
>lib\windows\python\lib_vs2005
>to save the older ones ?

Sounds like a good solution to me. Done!  I added a 2003 directory as well, in case you're bouncing back and forth and forget which one you are working on.
Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Holcomb                          MaK Technologies
Simulation Software Consultant       68 Moulton St, Cambridge, MA 02138
Email: bholcomb at mak.com