[Bf-committers] Windows Python Build in svn /lib

Bob Holcomb bholcomb at mak.com
Mon Jul 14 16:51:58 CEST 2008

The python build in the windows lib directory is built using MSVC 8.0
(2005).  This causes crashes when building with MSVC 7.1 (2003).  Mixing
runtimes on windows is generally bad, like crossing the streams.  Was
there a specific reason this particular library was upgraded to vc8.0 or
was this an oversight?  Since there are no VC8.0 project files and the
other libs are are all 7.1, I will commit my 7.1 dlls when I get them
built, unless there is an objection.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Holcomb                          MaK Technologies
Simulation Software Consultant       68 Moulton St, Cambridge, MA 02138
Email: bholcomb at mak.com