[Bf-committers] physics concerns

Michael Fox mfoxdogg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:13:54 CET 2008

Hi all, recently i have become quite concerned about the messiness of
the physics systems, it seems that the plans from the physics sprint
have been thrown out the window, specifically my concerns are

1.the Collision Modifier Is only used by cloth and it cannot be anywhere
in the stack

2. the Softbodies modifier cannot be anywhere in the stack, it has to
remain at the top, this is quite limiting

3. The Physics UI is all over the place as same things are called
different names in different sims

4. i also think this unified cache was properly implemented as each sim
is different so different its hard to remember what settings do what, in
relation to the cache

5. also i was thinking that there needs to be a collision lib developed
so for each collision object you can say what algo to use and the sim
will use that algo on that object or the whole sim, that way collision
will behave the same accross the board

6. cache operations for all sims need to be in one tab where you select
the system then choose to protect it/clear/clear from current frame and
so on

so generall my concerns are that physics in blender in a much worse
state then they ever were
--
Michael Fox <mfoxdogg at gmail.com>