[Bf-committers] Discussion of a Blender Compile Farm

Hans Lambermont hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 27 12:09:49 CET 2008

Timothy Baldridge wrote:

>      A little over a week ago I created a automated compile farm.

Nice. This looks similar to the system I set up at NaN in 2001. The
client side perl script must still be in the repository somewhere
(probably in blender/source/tools/tinderbox/ in the old CVS tree).

The system was based on Mozilla's Tinderbox, with CVS integration
provided by Bonsai and source code cross referencing by LXR. For all
platforms (8 at the time if I recall correctly) release packages were
automatically built too.

I remember we wanted to have an automated revolving light in the office
for when someone broke a system build by a commit ;-)

regards,
   Hans Lambermont