[Bf-committers] Discussion of a Blender Compile Farm

Markus Schulz schulz at alpharesearch.de
Sun Jan 27 05:55:19 CET 2008

Hello

>           * Check pop email that is subscribed to Blender-CVS
>           * Extract the revision number from the top e-mail
>           * Is the revision higher than the revision on the local disk?
>           * If not, sleep for a minute then jump back to "Do{"
>           * Update local SVN copy

I know you can do all this with CruiseControl/CruiseControl.Net
(Automated Continuous Integration server). I used CruiseControl.Net
before and it works great. I found out about this software by looking
around on the sharpdevelop page. CruiseControl/CruiseControl.Net. uses
Ant, but you can start Scons from Ant.

Check this out:
http://build.sharpdevelop.net (the build info)

http://build.sharpdevelop.net/buildartefacts/ (the development downloads)

I guess if you want to do a Windows build on linux with MS VC++ someone
could use a Qemu/VMware Windows XP virtual machine... If you use a Mac
you could do all the important builds via VM, like Windows, Linux and
Mac and more.

Best Regards,
Markus Schulz