[Bf-committers] Modularizing Sequencer I/O

Diego Hernan Borghetti bdiego at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:52:47 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Timothy Baldridge wrote:

> I'm thinking about tackling the Sequencer I/O modularization, as a
> first step in helping bring the sequencer up to a level I think it
> needs to be at. My plan would be to move all the AVI Codec, AVI JPEG,
> AVI FFMPEG, etc. into modules and have them dynamically loaded at
> runtime (from the .blender directory). Is someone else working on
> this, or am I free to submit a project/API proposal?

Peter Schlaile is the module-owner of the sequencer, he already write a
proposal and code for a new plugin API (really good and compatible with
the old API).

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Requests/Plugin-System

Also take care about the "freeze" period of trunk:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/SundayMeetingAgenda

(check the last meeting)

> Timothy Baldridge

 			Diego