[Bf-committers] [13276] trunk/blender/source/blender:

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Jan 18 18:48:19 CET 2008

Hi,
ideasman42 at gmail.com (2008-01-18 at 1328.43 +0100):
> IMHO Using the work Approximate is good, too many features have
> technical names, It could have been called  "Disk-Based AO" but
> "Approximate AO" tells the user not to expect accurate results as with
> raytraced.

Screen space ao is also approximate. Tooltips are for describing
things and giving extra data, names are there to identify things.

> Maybe worry about a 3rd AO method when somebody writes another ;)

Yeah, instead of thinking for future, fix all the documents later and
disallow any useful search now. Please, we have this same discussion
every time a shader or something like that is added. Stop with the
dumbification, we are not trying to sell the same product than others
with a cooler name, do we? It is a diservice to the user that care,
and no win for those that do not care. If that is the official policy,
please tell me.

We should not have to worry. Do it right the first time, specially if
as hard as doing it wrong.

GSR