[Bf-committers] (Peach) Softbody for particles needed...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Jan 15 11:35:26 CET 2008

Hi guys,

One of the topics we can't find time for yet is this:

-> once you make hair particles editable, you cannot use forcefields on
them anymore (or use softbody)

I do understand why (animation vs physics conflict), but simulation
accuracy is not an issue here. What we need is just artistic control,
as if you have an animatable 'comb' to force hairs in certain
directions.

We need the feature at least for three cases:

- the animals are walking in grass... we want to animate the grass
particles to move away then
- one of the rodents has big sideburn-whiskers. These hairs have to
stick together when face animates
- every hair in the fur could use some softbody slowness effect too, as
secondary motion

Janne, Jens, Genscher, anyone? :)

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org