[Bf-committers] Ketsji Plugin

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Thu Jan 10 07:02:46 CET 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 11:48 PM, Charlie C wrote:

> I have managed to get Ketsji running external to blender, and am
> working
> on plugging it in to the space type. Though this may not be the
> answer.
>  From a user standpoint It's kind of a annoying to load the plugin
> every
> time you create a new file. It could be loaded automatically when you
> press (p), but how would you specify other plugins?

Cool! Thanks for working on the game plugin(s)!

For the users, I suggest a Game Engine preference panel with
something like the following:
1. A menu of known GE plugins (CrystalSpace, OGRE3D, Ketsji, etc…)
2. A "browse…" button to manually find new GE plugins (Possibly along
with an editable filename location field?)

This data would then need to be saved into the default .blend. Also,
presumably, the startup sequence for blender will have to test for
the existence, and compatibility, of said plug-ins.

I suggest a Game Engine preference panel, because the panel will
probably need to be populated by the different plugins, once loaded,
and change based on the currently selected (loaded) plugin. Startup
flags for the various GE's and such could then be specified from
within blender using a consistent place in blender for all of the GE
startup (and other?) options.

In any case, Thanks!

have a day.yad
jdpf