[Bf-committers] integrating to desktops (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13063] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c: Removed silly Global windowstate variable.)

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:16:08 CET 2008

2008/1/5, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com>:
> Hi,
> kungfoobar at gmail.com (2008-01-05 at 0041.56 +0100):
> > GSR, there is no need to use python modules that the user may have not
> > installed:
> >
> > Import Blender
> > import os
> >
> > filename = os.popen3("kdialog --getopenfilename ~ '*.blend'")[1].read()
> > if filename:
> >     Blender.Load(filename.strip('\n'))
>
> That is the fork approach I was talking about, the missing parts are
> lack standarized behaviour (it would be nice to be able to just call
> something like xdg-dialog --std-param --another-std-p) and other
> toolkits / OSes.

That "standarized" behaviour, if done, will be a script for sure,
which would do a check of the current desktop (e.g. if the enviroment
variable KDE_FULL_SESSION is present, it's KDE), and that can be
already done in our hypotetical file selector script. At the same time
we could release an stand-alone script that does the same and propose
it as a freedesktop standard or something.

> > In gnome, use zenity --file-selection
>
> That applies to GTK, btw, GNOME does not seem to be a (hard?)
> dependency for such app. :]

I see, the only gnome dependency is libgnomecanvas2-0. I wonder if
there is a more complete CLI dialog app for gnome.

--
DiThi