[Bf-committers] integrating to desktops (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13063] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c: Removed silly Global windowstate variable.)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sat Jan 5 21:17:03 CET 2008

Hi,
kungfoobar at gmail.com (2008-01-05 at 0041.56 +0100):
> GSR, there is no need to use python modules that the user may have not
> installed:
>
> Import Blender
> import os
>
> filename = os.popen3("kdialog --getopenfilename ~ '*.blend'")[1].read()
> if filename:
>     Blender.Load(filename.strip('\n'))

That is the fork approach I was talking about, the missing parts are
lack standarized behaviour (it would be nice to be able to just call
something like xdg-dialog --std-param --another-std-p) and other
toolkits / OSes.

> In gnome, use zenity --file-selection

That applies to GTK, btw, GNOME does not seem to be a (hard?)
dependency for such app. :]

GSR