[Bf-committers] integrating to desktops (Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [13063] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c: Removed silly Global windowstate variable.)

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 15:36:27 CET 2008

KDE file selector favourites, unlike windows one, is customizable
either per-user or per-application. E.g. I have some favs that are
exclusive to kate or kget, and some more favs for all apps.

As for filters, my python example above does filter *.blend, multiple
filters can be added and just pressing *<intro> makes all files
visible.

And of course, this destop integration thing should be completely optional.

2008/1/5, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de>:
> Chris Burt schrieb:
> > If it came down to a vote, I would vote that Blender continue to use
> > its own native file selector, which although could use improvement,
>
> I would second that.
>
> For the point of user favorites: I don't care for system wide favs,
> these never point to the right place. What should I do with textfiles in
> a graphic app for example. IMHO it makes much more sense if the app
> remembers the last places I visited, filters the filetypes it can read etc.
>
> Regards,
> Carsten

DiThi