[Bf-committers] point cache

Daniel Genrich daniel.genrich at gmx.net
Fri Feb 29 13:20:19 CET 2008

Hello,

The problem of automatically and manually is the following: The system
never knows what the users wants.
That's why I have "protect cache" and "Autoprotect cache" (if the user
simulates many frames and forgets to press the "protect cache button",
the "protect cache" button gets toggled).

The system can only guess if he's changing settings on purpose or an
accident. Some user reported to me: Damn, 3 hours simulation gone,
because I forgot to press "protect cache" and I was only "tab-tab"-ing.
On the other hand, users also complain "why is cache always protected?"
after I introduced the "autoprotect" feature. Of course that's right,
because in the modelling/starting phase, you change settings alot and a
protected cache only slows down the workflow. That's why I introduced a
button to deactivate the autoprotect feature...How boring this all is :-D

The result: We can't do it right for all people but we should let behave
all simulations equal! :-)

Daniel