[Bf-committers] point cache

Daniel Genrich daniel.genrich at gmx.net
Fri Feb 29 08:43:37 CET 2008

Hello,

Regarding 'resume' feature: That's working perfectly here since I do the
same as he does for particles. Even if it is namen 'pointcache' I also
use it to save all essential states/variables which could not be
calculated otherwise and are a result of an accumulated calculation
(like velocity, position and constrained position). So at least until I
have a second order integration system, it should work.
I don't even think that it's a "bad usage" of pointcache since we
discussed during the physics sprint that we can save whatever we want in
there.

I also think that the depsgraph is pretty nice working when used
correctly, BUT there are too many situations where dynamics have no idea
what's going on "out there". That's why particles/softbodies/cloth needs
lots of flags out there to "see" when a relevant change has happened
(painting on used weight map, changed geometry, rotate/scale/grab, ...).

But that's what the others have already said, so..... ;-)

Greetings
Daniel