[Bf-committers] _LARGEFILE_SOURCE

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Mon Feb 18 17:03:54 CET 2008

Campbell Barton ha scritto:
> Not sure this got to bf-commiters?
> From our conversation on IRC, most apps that do ./configure; make;
> make install will set largefile defines anyway, why dont we just make
> this default? - if it breaks something (which seems unlikely since
> many distro's use it) it can be reversed.
> If other OS's don't like it then the flags can be set for those os's
> specifically.

OK, could be the default. I think I'll readapt the patch so that the:

WITH_BF_LARGEFILE = 'true'
BF_LARGEFILE_FLAGS = '_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 _LARGEFILE_SOURCE'

will be global (in that way will be the default) and not only to
linux2-config.py. But I think it's worthwhile to keep as an added
option to scons, as AFAIK I'm not aware of any "C define" reverting the
_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
macro. Indeed it's not even checked whether it's set to 0 or 1, but just
that it's defined.

Bye
Giuseppe.