[Bf-committers] patch 8235 to repair RaySensor (broken after patch 8183)

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Thu Feb 7 14:00:57 CET 2008

>Kent Mein schrieb:
>>
>>>    The question is: do we want to keep the 2.45 behaviour or fix the
bug and
>>>    make the ray sensor "X-ray" capable? I personally think that the
2.45
>>>    behaviour is more logical but the X-Ray mode can also be usefull.
So maybe
>>>    make it optional?
>>

>> I'd say make it an option, or keep the 2.45 behaviour.
>> (in that order of preference)
>
>I second that!

OK, I'll work on that (need to figure out how to change the GUI).
Currently I'm looking after the RadarSensor that seems to work
eratically and more generally the "static collision" problem with Touch
derived sensors (Radar & Near). It seems that the additional physics
controller that used to implement the sensor detection zone is
permanently in collision with the object's own physics controller,
causing those messages. Will keep digging.