[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [18086] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: RNA:

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Sat Dec 27 08:49:04 CET 2008

Hi,

joe wrote:
> What's the design rationale of supporting arrays of group properties?
>  Seems supporting arrays of id properties in general would be a cleaner
> solution, if it's needed. . .

Can you explain the difference to me? The array before supported
subtypes IDP_INT, ID_FLOAT and IDP_DOUBLE. The logical extension
seemed to me to just add IDP_GROUP. Isn't the end result basically the
same?

Well, it could be interesting to support mixed id property types in a
single array, but that is not how the array was implemented here.
Doing it that way would have been inconsistent with the way IDP_INT,
IDP_FLOAT and IDP_DOUBLE already work.

Brecht.