[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [18016] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: 2.5

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:46:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:38 AM,  <jmsoler at free.fr> wrote:
> Selon Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de>:
>

>> I use the OOPS view in my courses and books to explain the object/data
>> modell used in Blender and why ALT-D is different from SHIFT-D ;-)
>>

> +1 in the Blender Starter Kit:
> http://www.amazon.fr/Blender-2e-ed-Marie-france-Soler/dp/2744022780
>
> jms

oops as a way to understand blenders data is ok, but not a great
reason to keep it (IMHO),
It would be fairly easy to use the PyRNA api to show oops like data -
could be written now except we have no way to display in blender.
Further, the current oops gets slow when organizing large datasets
which is a case it could be really useful.

I'm ok with dropping oops in 2.5.
--
- Campbell