[Bf-committers] Some work on BlenderPocket 2.48

Salvatore Russo russose at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 00:00:18 CET 2008

Hi,

I am synchronizing BlenderPocket with the current version of Blender and
I have some questions, maybe you could help me :-)

1) I would like to add the capability to rotate the screen for all
devices (like mine) that do not support this feature. In this way, the
user will ever be able to choose in using BlenderPocket in landscape
mode or not. As Blender UI is fully OpenGL, my first idea was to play
with some modelview matrices and introduce on top of the transformation
matrix stack a glRotate (90, 0,0,1). It would help me a lot if someone
could confirm that this approach is the right one and point me in the
code where can I do it: with my first tests, I am affraid that it will
not be so easy...

2) I am trying to optimize BlenderPocket with simple things that can
have big effect on small devices, like reducing the MAXPICKBUF to 100,
simplifying event queues, etc... Do you maybe have some other "simple"
optimizations to advice me to speed up Blender on very limited devices?

3) Can someone explain me how the /release/datafiles/preview.blend file
is used by Blender? I would like to understand this to try some
optimisations in the material/texture previews ;)

Thanks for your help and good luck in your Blender 2.5 work ;)

Salvatore