[Bf-committers] "Official" CUDA Benchmark/Implementation Thread

Yves Poissant ypoissant2 at videotron.ca
Sat Dec 20 17:43:25 CET 2008

> well. who said that "real-time" is the definitive target? IMHO it might
> be faster than realtime... ;-)

Real-time being at interactive rate, usually any reflesh rate that is at
least 2 frames per seconds is considered real-time. It is not the purpose of
Blender to do renders in "Real-time" and in fact, real-time rendering
usually incurs several compromises on the quality level that we would not
want in Blender renderer. But certainly, techniques that are used there can
also be used to accelerate the internal renderer. Again, I'm not implying
that this is simply a question of pluging CUDA in there and get instant
faster renders though.

Yves