[Bf-committers] "Official" CUDA Benchmark/Implementation Thread

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 08:07:21 CET 2008

I always thought simply using the GPU to perform ray-intersection tests of
groups of triangles would be easier and possibly more practical, though
that's something you could speed up with basic SIMD instructions as well
(though sse and the like are a major pain to use).
If you're doing packets of rays, a separate thread per pixel is a bad
analogy (that would never work).  I thought about this a while back (when I
was thinking of writing code to take advantage of the Cell processor) and a
simple queue system might be the best.  This would be difficult to implement
without continuations, however.

Joe